BEST Sleep Over Nightlight EVER!
Unlocking a child's imagination and creativity and sence of wonder and adventure is one of the greatest experiences in life. I LOVE to help my daughter explore wonderful world of wonder.
I LOVE pretending i am not a grown up and I LOVE doing anything messy, gross or cool, anything with glitter and most of all I love doing it with my amazingly opposite of me daughter :)... She HATES to get dirty and hates gross things.. but loves loves loves doing "expariments". Below with the help of my wonderfully goofy husband and my beautiful assistant/ daughter Addison we are going to show you how we made mesmorizing night lights that will make any sleep over a whole lot cooler!
First you need two goof balls like i have here... Addie and Daddy
- 2-3 Glow sticks ( I DO NOT recommend using glow necklaces or bracelets, they don't have nearly enough glow solution and it is very hard to get it out)
- 1 16oz Mason Jar (if you adjust the size of jar larger you need to add 2 more glow sticks)
- 1/4 C Diamond Dust
- Crack the glow sticks FIRST!!!
- Cut off the top of the glow sticks and poor it into the jar... I am a More is MORE kinda girl, so I started with two but we ended with 3... Next time I may go all out with 4! woot woot
Be careful at this part not to get splatter's on your clothing or other areas, or you will glow too!!
Again with more is more :) I LOVE to use LOTS of Diamond Dust...
- Pour the 1/4 Cup of Diamond Dust into the jar.
- Screw lid on SUPER tight... AND.......................................
Shake shake shake... shake shake shake.. shake your night light... shake your night light... (Yes we did sing this song while shacking :) we are cool like that over here at the Runzheimer house.)
- Shake it up really really well, the goal is to get the thick mixture of glitter and glow goo all over the walls of the inside.
And WALA!!! Ok ok I know its not much to look at in the daylight, it looks like you have two jars of glowing GOOOYNESS.. But you are in luck because it is not meant for the light!
- Now go to a super super secret spot.. Like a closet, basement, or under a big box, you know where ever you can find that is super duper dark :)
And VVVVWAAALLA you have awesome nightlights that any kiddo or adult ;) would love to fall asleep to, or tell silly scary stories :)... Of course the more glow sticks you add the brighter it will be.
I hope you enjoyed... If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.